Our apprentice program
is for dancers who would are interested in eventually joining a Groundbreakers team, but would like more experience and practice in a slightly less competitive environment. Over the course of a year, dancers in the Apprentice Program train and compete in one dance style, and will participate in two competitions and an end of year recital. Dancers will also train in one non-competitive style in order to accelerate and balance their overall growth as a dancer. Requirements in the Apprentice Program include:
• Apprentice candidates audition with general Groundbreakers auditions
• One weekly, hour-long technique class in Ballet
• One weekly, hour-long technique class in Leaps & Turns
• One weekly, hour-long class for style chosen (apprentice b)
• Three weekly, hour-long classes in all styles (apprentice a)
Apprentice Program Styles:
Hip hop dancing has evolved over the years and keeps evolving today. From popping to breaking to commercial choreography, your dancer will learn how to become diverse in various hip hop styles. With focus on body isolations, musicality, and texture of movement, your dancer will learn a fun and influential way to dance.
Jazz dancers will learn a variation of classic and contemporary jazz technique, with a focus on isolations, pirouettes, leaps, and energetic movement. Classes consist of warm-ups, floor progressions, and center combinations.